Our previous research on the Roy and Hattie (James) Teague family revealed very little about the female half of this couple. To date, we know the following:
- Hattie James was born about 1906 in Georgia; both of her parents were also born in Georgia1
- She married Roy S. Teague in 1924 in Rabun Co., GA; the marriage was performed by M. H. James, a Justice of the Peace2
- She and Roy were living in Clayton, Rabun Co., GA, with three children in 19303
- They had probably seven children during the late 1920s through the 1930s4
- Between 1937 and 1967, Hattie remarried to a Watkins; she was still living as of the latter date5
What we haven’t found in our research is any record connecting her to her parents and possible siblings. While she and Roy were married by M. H. James, we have no clue who that person was or how he might otherwise be connected to Hattie. We don’t know when she died, or who her second husband might have been, nor can we even say for certain that she was the mother of all of Roy’s children. With so little to go on, how can we learn more about Hattie, and in the process extend her lineage backwards?